High-Temperature Resistant Quartz Coating
Armour Wheel Quartz Coating is a high-performance solution designed to protect and enhance the appearance of your wheels. With a solids content of 76% (SiO2) and a formula that's specifically engineered to resist heat and heavy abuse, this coating provides superior protection against brake dust and buildup. The coating's advanced composition creates a long-lasting barrier that repels contaminants, making maintenance and cleaning of your wheels easier and more convenient.
The versatility of Armour Wheel Quartz Coating is another major benefit, as it can be safely applied to an array of wheel finishes, including anodized, chrome, painted, powder-coated, clear-coated aluminum, and matte finishes. This allows for maximum compatibility with various types of wheels, ensuring that you can enjoy the protection and benefits of the coating no matter what type of wheels you have.
Armour Wheel Quartz Coating provides a durable layer of protection that can last for over 15,000 miles or 1+ year, depending on driving conditions. Choose Armour Wheel Quartz Coating for a reliable and low-maintenance solution for maintaining the appearance and protection of your wheels.
- 30ml Armour Wheel Quartz Coating w/ Dropper Top
- (1) Mini Microfiber Coating Application Pad
- "How To" Direction Card
- Solids Content: 76% (SiO2) at 99.9% Purity
- Hardness: >9H (Who Cares)
- Chemical Resistance: Extreme, 0-13ph
- Durability: 15,000+ miles or 1+ years real-world tested (lab tested for over double, our competitors would claim this)
- Film Thickness: ~3-4 micron
- Flash Time: 1-5 minutes (2-3 on average)
- Coverage: 10-15ml per wheelset
- Water Contact Angle: 110°
- Working Temperatures: 40F to 100F.
- Applicable Surfaces: Wheels
- Shelf Life: 12 months, use within 7 days of opening for best application experience
Avoid applying in direct sunlight.
Wear skin protection.
Wear respiratory protection.
Wear eye protection.
Always test in small area before full application to determine flash time.
Applying in colder conditions will lengthen time frame before wipe-off (closer to 2-3 minutes). Applying in hotter conditions will give you a shorter time frame before you wipe-off (closer to 1-2 minutes).
Shelf life of 12 months, use within 30 days of opening.
The Prep is the most important step of the process, our coating is great but it can not do the prep work for you!
1. Decontaminate the wheel surface using Armour Detail Supply Wheel Cleaner, followed by removing further embedded contamination with a clay bar or synthetic clay mitt.
2. If swirl marks, or scratches are present, polish the paint to reduce any surface defects and create maximum gloss.
3. Use our Armour Detail Supply Panel Prep to remove any oils/residue left from your polishing step. If you did not polish the surface, repeat this step twice to ensure a clean surface.
You are ready to apply Armour Wheel Coating!
1. After thorough prep prime the applicator with 3 lines start and each subsequent application will only need a small amount, a little goes a long way.
2. Apply Armour Wheel Coating one wheel at a time. Apply using a methodical back and forth or crosshatch motion making sure to have even coverage. Allow the product to “set up” for 1-3minutes depending on temperature/humidity (generally 1-2 minutes). Look for light hazing to appear before removing.
3. In a small circular motion level coating 95%+ on 1st wipe (short nap, pearl weave), the first wipe will have a slight grab to it, but the product should be picked up easily. If the coating begins to smear, it needs additional time to setup. If the product is very hard to remove, it needs less time before removal. Switch to 2nd towel (plush) for final leveling. Check for any streaks, or high spots which can appear as cloudy or dark spots. Repeat this process per wheel.
4. Use a fresh side of the towel every wheel.
We highly recommend applying 2 layers for maximum benefits and durability. If you wish to apply multiple layers allow 1-2 hours between layers.
Allow product to sit 12 hours at minimum for initial cure. After 4 hours you can apply our Armour Detail Supply AMPLIFY or Ceramic Spray Sealant to protect the coating during its initial cure. After 12 hours the vehicle can be driven and get wet. Do not wash or induce to chemicals for 7 days.
One set with two layers. Two sets with one layer.
Yes, it is highly recommended on wheels to increase wear resistance. If you wish to apply a second layer, wait 1-2 hours between layers.
Yes! Armour Wheel Coating can be applied to painted or powder-coated caliper finishes. Follow a similar prep and application procedure as the wheels.
Allow product to sit 12 hours at a minimum for initial cure. After 4 hours you can apply our Armour Detail Supply AMPLIFY to protect the coating during its initial cure. After 12 hours the vehicle can be driven and get wet. Do not wash or induce to chemicals for 7 days.