- QUALITY – Designed in Germany – this high-quality fabric cleaner contains no nasties.
- NEW GEN – Safe yet strong stain and soil lifter with the power of plant and algae derived detergents
- 2-IN-1 – Perfectly suitable for everyday cleaning but also doubles up as a great stain remover.
- SOAP FREE – It is 100% soap and solvent free and leaves minimal residue on the fibres.
- SAFE – This cleaner can even be left to work overnight on extreme stains.
- MULTIUSE – Suitable for wool, cotton, artificial velvet and artificial silk, Alcantara and fabric.
- SAFE AROUND PETS - the natural formulation of this cleaner makes it safe to use around pets.
- GOES A LONG WAY - One 500 ml bottle should allow to clean roughly 20 sq metres.
For Alcantara & cloth car interior, sofa, furniture, carpet, rug, clothes | Plant based | Suitable for cotton, wool and all artificial fibres (artificial velvet, artificial silk)
Traditional cleaning methods involve making the surface wet and rubbing hard on a stained area which often damages the material and distorts the texture.
Why is wet cleaning bad?
Water-based cleaning solutions are the main reason for the majority of problems with artificial velvet. Some fabrics like Rayon tend to lose 70% of their strength when wet – rubbing hard or extraction cleaning might cause the material to rip especially on old or sun-damaged fabrics. Dry cleaning is the best way to clean these fabrics but how do you dry clean a sofa or a chair?
What to do if I can't dry clean it?
The next best thing to dry cleaning is low moisture cleaning. This is the thought process behind Geist. Fabric & Upholstery Cleaner. Made from plant and algae derived detergents it has a unique quality to loosen stains and lift soiling from the surface. Simply spray a light mist of the product evenly and leave it to work. on the stain.
Vacuum up loose sand and dust thoroughly. Spray the cleaner onto a moist sponge or cloth and rub over the entire surface. Rub the cleaner off with a moist towel or microfibre cloth. Rub down with a dry towel. DO NOT clean textiles in direct sunlight.
Stubborn stains: Spray the cleaner directly onto the soiled areas or stains, rub into soiling with a moist cloth or sponge and leave to work for at least 1 hr or longer. Next, spray product onto a moist sponge or cloth and work over the entire surface from seam to seam rubbing the foam into the textile. Absorb soiling by wiping down with a clean moist towel or microfibre cloth, working from seam to seam. Finally, wipe over the surface with a dry towel and leave to dry away from heat or sunlight.
Watermarks: These are caused by rapid or uneven drying. If they occur, re-wet the surface evenly from seam to seam and let it dry slowly. Seat backrests should be reclined to allow air to circulate between the seat and backrest.